I lied and said “I was busy.”
I was busy;
But not in a way most people comprehend.
I was busy dealing with my mind.
I was busy planting new flowers in the garden of my mind.
I was busy plucking out the weeds.
I was busy fighting with my demons.
I was busy taking deeper breaths.
I was busy reading a book.
I was busy nourishing my mind.
I was busy watching the breathtaking sunsets.
I was busy looking at the sky full of stars.
I was busy having a conversation with the Moon.
I was busy listening to loud music.
I was busy practicing the art of silence.
I was busy living simple little moments.
I was busy dancing in the Moonlight.
I was busy praying and thanking God for everything.
I was busy learning my favorite essay.
I was busy being elated in my own world.
I was busy appreciating my flaws.
I was busy working over my anxiety.
I was busy calming my pounding heart.
I was busy growing up spiritually.
I was busy taking care of myself.
I was busy telling myself that I’m okay.
Sometimes, this is my ‘busy’
And I will not apologize for it.
I am sixteen turning seventeen in just one day.It just really makes me think that since then how much I’ve grown and how much my perception about human and life has changed.I feel pride and gratitude about how I’ve changed and survived this year.
Before the special day arrives, I want to say few things while I’m still sixteen.All the aspects of life that I’ve known made me sensible and profound.It made me realize that it is so important to love and accept yourself the way you are.
- Yes, I do agree that sometimes the situations that are lead to us, force us to hate ourselves but everyone hate and love someone at the same time and we all do it to ourselves.I see myself in mirror but I don’t feel guilty nor I hide.I see scars,bruises everywhere but they are beautiful.Behind them are the stories untold.I am not embarrassed of my body and my face, it makes me who I am.I gaze into my eyes searching for that soul that once was lost.
- It’s okay if you’re lost.One day you’ll find your true path.Remember to always follow your heart at any cost.For you’ll never truly find yourself if you are too sacred to get lost.Some walks you have to take alone.Remember that.
- Be grateful for what you have.Always be thankful of God for his worthy blessings.
Family, If there is one thing I’ve learned from this on-going journey you can’t give up on your family.Friends who makes you forget that word “Pain” and makes you realize life is a BIG PARTY! Good books! Yes I really appreciate that.If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books.Admirable face and wonderful health,a sweet home,a wardrobe full of your favorite clothes (and still you want more),excellent education,lucky in having impeccable teachers and the list goes on.”Train your mind and heart to see the good in everything.There is always something to be grateful for.”
- It’s totally fine to have your heart broken once in a while.That’s how we learn and become bold.My heart is in shambles in a beautiful way.Perfectly ruined and splendidly destroyed.But as Joel Osteen said, “There are some things you can only learn in a storm.”
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.Forgive people even if they are not sorry.
- If you love something or someone, love it fully.Cherish it.Don’t take it for granted.But most importantly,show it.Life is infinite and fragile, and just because someone is there one day,it might not be the next.Everything is temporary but Love.Love outlines us all.
- Dream big! But don’t just let it be a dream go out and make it a reality.”You know you’re on the right track when you become uninterested on looking back.”
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. 😉
- Listen to music! It makes healing faster.Music does a lot.It motivates and makes you stronger.
- Do not wait too long,if your hearts in it then do it.And try if you fail.Regret doesn’t care for the one who didn’t try.
- Do remember to kneel and pray.Because you can’t fight without God by your side.And if you ever feel unloved, God loves you more in a moment than anyone could in a lifetime.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but still it’s a gift.So cherish it.Live life as it is.Live every moment.”You only get one life.It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”